- 4 tsp vegetables oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 medium red capsicum, diced ( about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sliced spring onions for garnish
- Heat oil over medium heat on a wok/ heavy based pan. Add garlic and ginger. Fry for 1 min. Add capsicum, cook for 1 min. Stir in brown rice and stock, bring to boil. Cover reduce heat to very low.
- Simmer rice until liquid is absorbed, about 35 mins. In a small bowl mix soy sauce and sugar, mix well and then add it to rice. Cook, stirring constantly for 1 min
- Place rice in seving bowl sprinkle with spring onions. Serve immediately
Add a new twist to meals with this ginger-scented dish. Serve it with grilled fish or barbeque pork.