- 1 kg mixed chicken pieces
For The Marinade
- 6 Tbsp of tandoori paste/mix please refer to Spice Mixes
- 8 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup low fat natural yogurt
- 4 tsp shreddred mint…optional
- lime or lemon for serving, mint sprigs fro garnish
- Remove any visible fat from chicken pieces. Skin chicken where possible.
- To make the marinade, place tandoori paste, lime juice, garlic, yogurt, and mint in a mixing bowl, mix well
- Add chicken to marinade, stir well until all pieces are coated
- Cover and marinade in refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight for best results.
- Preheat oven to 190C. Brush a roasting rack in a roasting pan lightly with vegetable oil
- Arrange chicken pieces on rack, brush with marinade.Bake for 45 mins turning every 15 mins and brushing with marinade until cooked.Test with skewer.Any juices which run out should be clear
- Serve immediately, garnished with lime or lemon wedges and mint sprigs
Yogurt in the marinade helps tenderise the chicken. Look for yogurt with acidophillus culture, thought to be good for a healthy digestive system
Marinated chicken pieces may be cooked on a lightly oiled rack over a medium-hot barbeque, brushing frequently with marinade, for 5 mins on each side until tender.